Popular Posts

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Welcome to the Barn

For some crazy reason, I've decided to start a blog.  I arrived at this decision while spending yet another day shoveling stalls and enjoying some wise and relevant insights.  That seems to happen every time I begin shoveling, and I haven't found a good way to share my thoughts.  I've always loved horses.  In fact, I've always loved farming.  As a child, I didn't carry a blanket or a doll around; I carried my "bull book."  Now I know you are asking yourself . . .what in the world is a bull book?  Well, it was a book that provided descriptions of all breeds of cattle, what characteristics made a "good" bull, and what physical attributes let you know you have a good calf when it's born.  And not only did I carry this book, but I could quote from it!  All this before the age of five.  I was destined to be a cowgirl.  It was handy that I lived on a farm! 

I consider myself very lucky.  Not only did I grow up on the farm, but I was able to raise my children on the farm as well.  My children were surrounded by grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts and uncles throughout their childhood.  It was wonderful.  It still is.  That farm propelled me into the amazing life I now live.  I'm the Head Wrangler at Timberline Stables in WV and also co-owner of the business with my husband Space Cowboy.  I spend my days cleaning stalls, repairing tack, caring for horses and riding.  We provide trail rides for guests at Timberline Four Season Resort and anyone else who visits our beautiful corner of the world or is lucky enough to call Canaan Valley, WV, home.

My journey to this job was certainly eventful and I will share tails from that journey as we go.  For now, know that your author might be the luckiest girl in the world.  Come join in on my adventures Around the Barn!

No comments:

Post a Comment